Monday, October 16, 2006

A Word From My Sponsors

For those of you wondering, "how come Gareth gets to go to South Africa and make toilets when I have to do a proper job.." I thought a few words about how I came to be out here would be handy.

I was sent here by the NGO Engineers Without Borders-UK (EWB-UK), who, in collaboration with Marie Zanders of the Engineering Firm Buro Happold, arranged for 2 volunteers to come to South Africa for 6 months to work with
an NGO/development consultancy known as Esibayeni. With the assistance of the Bath branch of EWB-UK (this ones a shout out for you Mr Whitworth!) I had to raise money for my living expenses, whilst the local council here in Jozini offered to provide accomodation and a car if we helped them with some of their Engineering-type stuff.

So, these are the guys that coughed up the money to keep me fed here in Jozini!

So thank you to all of them!!!

No comments: